Made 2021-09-17. So very close to perfect!
- 600g Oyster blade steak
- 450g Loin chop (de-boned)
- 50g Montreal steak seasoning
- 50g Panko crumbs
- 5g Flaky sea salt (I’ll skip this next time, too much with that seasoning!)
- 100g Ice water
- 12g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Tsp brown sugar
- 100g Bacon rasher
- 1/2 Cup of cold water
- Ensure all containers and bowls are chilled, so meat is kept under 8°C.
- Mince pork, beef, bacon and ice together with medium mincer plate.
- Mix dry ingredients into water
- Knead in stand mixer with dough hook for 10 minutes while adding water & seasoning mixture.
- Rest for 30 minutes while preparing skins; cut length, rinse, load onto filling tube
- Stuff sausages, twisting into lengths if need be, and then cut / tie ends.
- Refrigerate overnight in strainer with cloth over the top to allow excess moisture to drain.
- Eat un-stuffed mince as a burger pattie.
- Allow sausages to come to room temp before cooking, and enjoy.